- Type:Luxury Hotel
- Summary:Ananda provides a spiritual pathway to ultimate relaxation
- Feature:One of the world's great destination spa resorts
- Rooms:75 rooms & suites and 3 villas
- Location:Rishekesh ,
- Nearest airport:Dehradun Airport
Location and transfer
Overlooking the Rishikesh valley and facing the Himalayan ranges, Ananda feels like a complete private retreat, yet getting there is actually very easy as it’s just a short 45-minute flight, followed by a 45-minute private car transfer.
All rooms and suites feature air-conditioning, a mini-bar, television, DVD/CD player, telephone, internet wi-fi access and a twice-daily maid service. A private butler service is available for those guests staying in the villas.
- Rooms: 70
- Room View: Palace and valley views
- Facilities: Deluxe Rooms are understated, yet luxurious and feature walk-in wardrobes and perfectly appointed bathrooms with windows overlooking the valley or the Palace. Each room opens onto a large balcony, with picture-perfect views ideal for a romantic private meal.
- Room View: Valley views
- Facilities: Housed on the ground floor and overlooking the valley, the three-bay Ananda Suite comes with luxuriously fitted bathrooms overlooking the valley and its own private sitting and dining areas. The suite also has a large private garden, which is perfect for intimate dinners and leisurely breakfasts.
- Room View: Garden and valley views
- Facilities: The Viceregal Suite is a perfect retreat for the connoisseur. It comprises a spacious sitting and dining area, along with a plush bedroom featuring a period four-poster bed, while the en suite dressing room and bathroom are beautifully appointed with antique fittings and furniture. With its own private terrace and a rooftop Jacuzzi overlooking the sloping landscaped gardens and distant Ganges Valley, staying at the Viceregal Suite will take you back to India’s regal past.
The Restaurant and Tree Top Deck:+
- Cuisine: Spa wellness menu (based on Ayurvedic principles) and an a la carte menu comprising Indian, International and Oriental cuisine
- Setting: Yantric Art and lilting, classical background music create a harmonious ambience. Other settings available include the Tree Top Deck, which boasts luscious views and is a particularly romantic option for dinner in the evening, and The Pavilion.
- Dress Code: Smart/casual
- Children's Menu: No
- Vegetarian Menu: No
Health & Fitness
Situated in one of India's most spiritual areas, overlooking the holy River Ganges, Ananda in the Himalayas provides the ideal environment for rejuvenation of the body, mind and soul.
Within the 24,000ft² spa, luxury treatment rooms offer dramatic views of the Himalayan landscape whilst eighty Ayurvedic, Tibetan, Oriental and European body and beauty treatments are available. Experience Shirodhara, where a stream of warm oil is poured onto the centre of the forehead to relieve tension and improve relaxation, or try a traditional beautifying ritual, such as the Royal Bath, based on the pre-marriage ceremony of an Indian bride.
In the open-air, white marble pavilion, morning and evening group or private yoga and meditation sessions take place.
Excursions available include walks or treks offering magnificent views of the snow-capped Himalayan ranges, white-water rafting on the Ganges, safaris in Rajaji National Park and temple and monastery tours around Rishikesh and Dehradun.