- Summary:Set in beautiful parkland replete with forest and wildlife
- Feature:Kanha National Park boasts over three-hunded bird species
- Rooms:2 camps with 9 suites each
- Location:Madhya Pradesh ,
- Nearest airport:Jabalpur Airport
Location and transfer
4 hours from Jabalpur Airport by car transfer. NB: Visas are required for India.
Each guest suite has air-conditioning, a ceiling fan, hairdryer, mini-bar and an in-room safe. Laundry services are included and twin beds are available, upon request.
Tented Guest Suite:+
- Rooms: 18
- Room View: Banjaar River and forest views
The camp's elevated Tented Guest Suites are lightweight, chic and contemporary and boast bamboo floors, canvas walls and roofs, Bastar artwork and metal figurines, and décor flushed with Indian cotton and silk materials in shades of cream, bleached saffron, forest green and cinnamon. The interiors comprise a bedroom with a timber bed, leather detailing and handcrafted wooden furniture using reclaimed timber, along with en suite bathrooms replete with a shower, freestanding bath and separate WC, while floor-to-ceiling glass doors lead out to private furnished verandas, which offer gorgeous views of Banjaar River.
The Indian cuisine is exotically spiced and tantalisingly delicious, served al fresco on dining decks which offer superb views of Kanha National Park. Alternatively, choose to enjoy romantic jungle dinners in the rugged forest, illuminated only by lamplight. Meal times fit around your safari experience so, for example, in the morning you'll be woken with freshly squeezed orange juice, tea, coffee and homemade biscuits before setting out on your morning safari, followed by a hearty breakfast on your return, served on platters (comprising hot items cooked to order, toast, chutneys, jams, muesli, fresh fruit and cheeses or traditional Indian breakfast options). Afternoon Tea, cocktails and sundowners are also served and then you'll choose your spot to enjoy a hearty dinner of traditional local dishes.
The Open Kitchen:+
- Cuisine: Traditional regional cuisine and international dishes
- Setting: Guests have several picturesque venues to dine from at this chic camp, including in the lamplit jungle (accompanied by traditional dancing and music), on the pool deck, in their accommodation or on their private verandas. Chef will often host impromptu cooking lessons before dinner.
- Dress Code: Smart/casual
- Children's Menu: No
- Vegetarian Menu: No
Taj Hotels &Beyond present a unique opportunity - searching for one of the world's most majestic animals, the tiger, travelling either by Jeep or elephant-back amidst the beautiful surroundings of some of India's National Parks. Each of the three lodges we offer (Pashan Garh, Banjaar Tola and Baghvan Pench Jungle Lodge) can be enjoyed as an additional element to your India itinerary. Alternatively, they can be combined to offer an unparallel experience of the natural world.