- Type:Luxury Hotel
- Summary:An elegant hotel set close to the iconic Table Mountain
- Feature:Offers its guests superb Cape hospitality
- Rooms:198 rooms & suites
- Location:Cape Town ,
Cape Town ,
- Nearest airport:Cape Town International Airport
Location and transfer
25 minutes from Cape Town International Airport by private car transfer.
Each guest room and suite features air-conditioning, a mini-bar, tea and coffee-making facilities, a hairdryer, bathrobes and slippers, bathroom amenities, personal safe, flat-screen satellite television, DVD/CD Player and a telephone. Wi-fi internet access is available in the guest suites.
- Size: 26-45m²
- Room View: Garden, swimming pool or Table Mountain views
- Facilities: Located in the main hotel and Green Park Wing, Superior Rooms are spacious and elegant and each one features a king-size bed (or twin beds), a mini-lounge, writing desk and luxurious en suite marble bathroom. Interconnecting rooms are available.
- Size: 32-45m²
- Room View: Views of Table Mountain, the city or the hotel gardens
- Facilities: These guest rooms are located in the main hotel, Oasis Wing and Green Park Wing and offer a bedroom with a king-size bed (or twin beds), a seating area and an en suite marble bathroom with a bath and walk-in shower.
- Size: 39-48m²
- Room View: Courtyard or Table Mountain views
Located in the main hotel or Green Park Wing, Junior Suites offer a king-size bed, spacious open-plan lounge area and a marble en suite bathroom with a bath and separate walk-in shower.
Garden Cottage Suite:+
- Size: 46-51m²
- Room View: Rose garden and swimming pool views
- Facilities: These delightful, historic cottages are located in a secluded area in the hotel's grounds, opposite the adults-only heated swimming pool, and offer peaceful views over a private garden. Each one boasts a luxury marble bathroom with a bath and walk-in shower, a bedroom with a king-size four-poster bed and a separate living room boasting a fireplace. Outdoors, the suites enjoy the advantage of a private terrace and rose garden. A perfect option for honeymooners and couples.
Helmsley Family Suite:+
- Rooms: 4
- Size: 750ft²
- Room View: Garden View
- Facilities: Sharing the elegant style of the Classic Suites and located within the recently renovated Helmsley Wing of the hotel, the new Family Suites are simply perfect for a family of four to share. Boasting a spacious open-plan lounge area and private balcony, the suites are well appointed for families and face the beautiful hotel gardens.
One Bedroom Suite:+
- Size: 42-81m²
- Room View: Various views
- Facilities: The One Bedroom Suites can be found in the main hotel, Green Park Wing, Hof Villa and the Helmsley Wing. Each one has a king-size bed (or twin beds), a large marble en suite bathroom with a bath and walk-in shower and a separate lounge with a writing desk, sofa, chairs and side tables.
Deluxe Studio Suite:+
- Size: 59-97m²
- Room View: Views of Table Mountain, the city or hotel gardens
- Facilities: Located in the Green Park Wing and Helmsley Wing, the open-plan Deluxe Studio Suites each offer a bedroom with a king-size or twin beds, a spacious lounge area (some have a dining area, too), a walk-in wardrobe, an en suite marble bathroom with a bath and walk-in shower and a private balcony or terrace.
- Size: 112m²
- Room View: Table Mountain views
- Facilities: The grandest, most spacious accommodation available at the hotel, the Presidential Suite is located in the Green Park Wing and boasts a marble entrance hall, spacious bedroom with a king-size bed, a large marble bathroom with a bath and walk-in shower, a dining room, wet bar and an ornate living room featuring silk fabrics, 1930s Baccarat lighting, a Venetian mirror and a Louis-style desk from the hotel's 1899 lounge. In addition, the suite has a private balcony offering splendid views of the mountains.
The hotel boasts two restaurants - Planet Restaurant and Oasis Bistro - and a Chef's Table. Morning and Afternoon Tea is available in the lounge or on the terrace. Planet Bar, meanwhile, is a hip venue attached to Planet Restaurant and is popular with discerning Capetonians, as well as hotel guests. Celestial and quirky design touches offer a timeless elegance and evoke a relaxed ambience, which is perfect for enjoying items from the extensive cocktail menu, Champagne, wine and a selection of canapes.
- Cuisine: Innovative African cuisine
- Setting: The elegant decor, with its crystal-studded entrance, Italianate pillars, high ceiling and subtle galactic themes, is one of Cape Town's premier dining venues.
- Dress Code: Smart/casual
- Children's Menu: No
- Vegetarian Menu: Yes
Oasis Bistro :+
- Cuisine: Mediterranean-inspired cuisine and local classics
- Setting: Enjoying an informal atmosphere, guests can dine alfresco on the sunny terrace overlooking the swimming pool.
- Dress Code: Casual
- Children's Menu: No
- Vegetarian Menu: Yes
Cape Town is a place where old and new harmoniously converge - whether it be its history, architecture, cultural pursuits or the essence of its people. Dominated by towering Table Mountain and set on a peninsula of soaring, rocky heights, Cape Town offers a multitude of things to do and places to see. Here are a few of the places you might like to explore. The Victoria & Alfred Waterfront is widely acknowledged as Cape Town's premier tourist destination and entertainment hotspot. 250 stores, 45 different restaurants and bars, an arts and crafts centre, an internationally-renowned aquarium and a children's science exploratorium and museum combine to comprise this multi-purpose, dockside environment. The Cape of Good Hope and legendary Cape Point - 'the most famous promontory in the world' - is an area of spectacular beauty. Knysna is the pearl of the Garden Route, bustling with trendy boutiques and colourful markets. Then there's the Cape Winelands, of course, and Hermanus - the best land-based whale-watching destination in the world (in season) and home to the Southern Right Whale.
The Nellie & Nelson Activity Centre
The activity centre is a colourful hive of activity for children aged 3 to 16 years of age, offering a range of educational games and toys, big-screen television, blackboard wall, Nintendo Wii, beanbags and child-friendly furniture. Organised activities (from group games to storytelling) take place throughout the day.
Health & Fitness
The luxurious Librisa Spa boasts eight treatment rooms, a sauna, steam rooms, plunge pools and children's treatments (for children aged 12 years and over).
The hotel can organise a number of excursions in and around the local area. Amongst them a guided historical tour of Cape Town, taking in iconic landmarks such as Grand Parade, Castle of Good Hope, City Hall (where Nelson Mandela was welcomed by the people of Cape Town following his 27-year imprisonment), Green Market Square, District Six Museum, Company Gardens and Government Avenue. Full and half-day tours of the major wine trails of the Cape Winelands can also be arranged.
If a more structured itinerary is required for stays of four days or more, there are a couple of itineraries that might appeal. Go for the Adventure itinerary and you could be taking a powerboat tour, hiking up Table Mountain, riding a Harley Davidson through the Cape Winelands, shark cage diving and visiting the beautiful Kirstenbosch Botanical Gardens. The Romance itinerary, meanwhile, allows for a helicopter flight over Cape Town, a cable-car trip up to the summit of Table Mountain, a visit to Boulders Beach to see the hundreds of African Penguins that congregate there, a couples' treatment at the hotel spa, a visit to the Cape Winelands followed by a Chef's Table experience back at the hotel and a boat-ride to visit Robben Island or a luxury yacht cruise to beautiful Table Bay.
Do call us for further details or to book any of the excursions for you (charges apply).