- Summary:Acknowledged as one of New Zealand's finest lodges
- Feature:Enjoy spectacular views from the outdoor heated pool
- Rooms:4 Chalet Suites, 3 Lodge Suites & 5 Lodge Rooms
- Location:Glenorchy ,
New Zealand's South Island ,
- Nearest airport:Queenstown Airport
Location and transfer
1 hour by private car transfer or 10 minutes by helicopter from Queenstown Airport.
All guest rooms and suites have air-conditioning, a mini-bar, television, DVD/CD player, iPod docking station, telephone, complimentary wi-fi access and twice daily maid service.
- Rooms: 5
- Size: 400ft²
- Room View: Greenstone Valley and lake views
- Facilities: These delightful lakeside rooms boast floor-to-ceiling windows, high timber ceilings, super-king-size beds, polished furniture, a sitting area, an armoire and en suite bathroom with a bath, separate shower and granite-topped double vanity. Outside, each one boasts a terrace or balcony.
- Rooms: 3
- Size: 700ft²
- Room View: Lake and mountain views
- Facilities: These spacious suites are elegantly decorated - boasting high timber ceilings and polished wooden floors - and offer 400ft² private furnished balconies, stone fireplaces, seating areas with comfortable armchairs, walk-in wardrobes and large bathrooms with separate steam showers and baths.
- Rooms: 2
- Size: 1,400ft²
- Room View: Lake views
- Facilities: These stunning Chalet Suites are located next to the main lodge and comprise two 700ft² suites featuring Colonial architecture, schist stone and reclaimed timber beams, private courtyards, stone fireplaces, comfortable sitting areas, walk-in wardrobes and en suite bathrooms with separate baths and showers. For the upmost in peace and privacy, the delightful Blanket Bay Chalets are the perfect accommodation.
Pacific Rim cuisine is served in three beautiful settings: The Lake View Dining Room, Wine Cave (which can be reserved for intimate dinners or special occasions) and The Terrace, perfect for summer al fresco dining. Rates include breakfast, pre-dinner cocktails and dinner, and as you would expect of this magnificent lodge, only the finest spirits and award-winning New Zealand wines are selected for guests' enjoyment.
Lake View Dining Room:+
- Cuisine: Various cuisine
- Setting: Choose between dining in the Lake View Dining Room with a beamed ceiling and stone fireplace; the Wine Cave, for a more intimate occasion, or under the stars on the terrace.
- Dress Code: Smart/casual
- Children's Menu: No
- Vegetarian Menu: No
Those seeking adventure will relish the jet-boating, helicopter excursions, rafting, horse-riding and guided hikes. Milford Sound is only a short flight away and is situated in Fiordland National Park, boasting numerous waterfalls, sheer rockfaces and blue-black waters. Weather-dependent, you may witness a waterfall flowing upwards, caused by rare atmospheric conditions. Alternatively, enjoy a two-hour boat cruise spotting seals, penguins and dolphins en route. Blanket Bay's team are also happy to arrange trips to other sites, including Mitre Peak and Stirling Falls.