- Type:Villa Resort
- Style:Total Seclusion
- Lifestyle:Near The Beach
- Child policy:Family with Children under 12 allowed
- Summary:One of a collection of villas on Canouan Island
- Top feature:The separate guest cottage in the villa's grounds
- Rooms:3 bedrooms & 1 guest cottage sleeping up to 8 guests
- Location:Canouan ,
St Vincent and The Grenadines
- Nearest airport:Canouan Airstrip
Location and transfer
12 minutes from Canouan Airstrip by car transfer. The grocery store in the village is seven minutes away from the villa by car, while the facilities of the resort can be reached in three minutes by the golf cart which is provided for villa guests.
Canoten is a three-bedroom single level villa comprising 370m² of covered space and a Guest Cottage. The villa's spacious Great Room features spectacular views through the large sliding doors and from the terrace, the infinity-edge pool blends into a backdrop of sea. All bedrooms have an en suite bathroom, central air-conditioning, ceiling fans and a private veranda overlooking either the lush landscape of The Grenadines Estate Golf Course or the turquoise water of the Caribbean Sea. The spacious kitchen comes with stainless steel SMEG appliances and is very well-appointed, with an Espresso machine, coffee-maker, blender, dishwasher, microwave, toaster and juice-maker. Conveniently located off the kitchen are the laundry room and service bathroom.
Bedroom One - First Master Bedroom:+
- Size: 74.5m²
- Facilities: King-size bed, air-conditioning, fan, safe, telephone, office area, walk-in wardrobe, private terrace, personal vanity table with make-up mirror, television, wireless internet access, a mosquito net and an en suite bathroom with double vanity, bath and 'chimney-style' shower which allows you to enjoy an open-air feeling.
Bedroom Two :+
- Size: 42.3m²
- Facilities: King-size bed, en suite bathroom with bath and shower, double vanity, air-conditioning, fan, safe, telephone, private terrace, television, wireless internet access and a mosquito net.
- Size: 41m²
- Facilities: Double beds, bathroom with shower, double vanity, air-conditioning, fan, safe, telephone, private terrace, television, wireless internet access and a mosquito net.
- Facilities: King-size bed, en suite bathroom with shower, double vanity, air-conditioning, fan, safe, telephone, private terrace, television, wireless internet access, mosquito net and mini-bar.
The kitchen features an espresso machine, coffee maker, blender, dishwasher, microwave, toaster and a juice maker.
A daily breakfast is included in the price if taken in the restaurants only.
External facilities at the villa
There is a real sense of tropical, relaxed living at Canoten and outdoors, there is a pool with a spectacular wooden deck, along with a gazebo where you can relax and enjoy music and the cool breeze that wafts over from the sea. A barbecue grill and outdoor dining area for eight people, beach chairs and beach towels are also provided.
Villa staff details
A Maid service, a turndown service and 24-hour property management are included.
The villa is two minutes from the closest beach, which has an excellent lunch and bar service, whilst a host of water based excursions, from sailing to snorkelling and windsurfing with hyro-bikes and pedal boats are available on a complimentary basis.
At Canouan's Sugar Palm Kids' Club, (4 to 14-year-olds), there are two play areas equipped with age-appropriate toys and games, whilst a range of outdoor and indoor activities are organised by the trained staff – treasure hunts, nature walks, mask-making and even a Canouan junior version of the Olympic Games.
Canouan's challenging 18-hole, par 72 golf course, designed by Jim Fazio, offers unparalleled views of the bay. It stretches across sixty acres along the seafront; half of it is built on the flat coastal plain and the other half is carved out of the hillside above the bay and the resort. Golf instruction, carts and rental clubs are available.
Health & Fitness
Canouan Spa’s philosophy takes its inspiration from the ancient Sanskrit legend that promised eternal youth. Renewing and nurturing treatments are administered by a team of highly skilled international Therapists in Hillside Palapas, reached by funicular, or one of the two Grand Palapas positioned over-the-water, their glass-bottom floors offering intimate views of the fish below. A fully-equipped fitness centre offers a range of classes from yoga to boxing.
Weddings & Honeymoons
A 17th century church, brought to the island stone by stone from England at the end of the last century, is one venue option for your Canouan wedding. It has been lovingly restored and features beautiful murals and stained-glass windows by renowned Italian artist, Costanzo Rovati. Alternatively, weddings can be held on the white sandy beach, against the backdrop of the turquoise sea. Guests can hold their wedding ceremony, subject to the usual legal requirements. A special Wedding Coordinator will be on-hand to assist at all times.