- Type:Villa Resort
- Style:Total Seclusion
- Lifestyle:Near The Beach
- Child policy:Family with Children under 12 allowed
- Summary:Enjoys an elevated position on Canouan Island
- Top feature:There is a guest cottage in the grounds
- Rooms:3 bedrooms & 1 cottage sleeping up to 8 guests
- Location:Canouan ,
St Vincent and The Grenadines
- Nearest airport:Canouan Airstrip
Location and transfer
12 minutes from Canouan Airstrip by car transfer. The grocery store in the village is seven minutes away by car, while the facilities of the resort are just three minutes away by golf cart (which is provided for villa guests).
Double Five is a three-bedroom single-level villa comprising 370m² of covered space. The spacious Great Room features spectacular views through the large sliding doors, while across from the terrace is the infinity-edge pool and views of the sea beyond. All bedrooms feature an en suite bathroom, central air-conditioning, ceiling fans and a private veranda overlooking the lush landscape of The Grenadines Estate Golf Course and the turquoise waters of the Caribbean Sea. The spacious kitchen comes with stainless steel SMEG appliances and is very well-appointed. There is an espresso machine, coffee-maker, blender, dishwasher, microwave, toaster and juice-maker. Conveniently located off the kitchen is the laundry room and a service bathroom.
In addition, there is a guest cottage that can accommodate two guests.
Bedroom One - Master Bedroom:+
- Size: 74.5m²
- Facilities: King-size bed, en suite bathroom with bath and 'chimney-style' shower giving a feeling of the outdoors, double vanity, air-conditioning, fan, safe, telephone, office area, walk-in wardrobe, private terrace, personal vanity table with make-up mirror, television, wireless internet access and mosquito net.
- Size: 42.3m²
- Facilities: King-size bed, en suite bathroom with bath and shower, double vanity, air-conditioning, fan, safe, telephone, private terrace, closet area, television, wireless internet access and mosquito net.
- Size: 41m²
- Facilities: Double beds, bathroom with shower, double vanity, air-conditioning, fan, safe, telephone, private terrace, television, wireless internet access, closet area and mosquito net.
- Size: 58m²
- Facilities: A king-size bed, en suite bathroom with shower, double vanity, air-conditioning, fan, safe, telephone, private terrace, television, wireless internet access, mosquito net and mini-bar.
The kitchen features an espresso machine, coffee maker, blender, dishwasher, microwave, toaster
and juice maker.
A daily breakfast is included in the price if taken in the restaurants only.
External facilities at the villa
The grounds are equipped with everything you need to enjoy outdoor Caribbean living, including a swimming pool and deck, outdoor dining area for eight people, chairs and towels.
Villa staff details
A Maid, a turndown service and 24-hour property management are included.
The villa is two minutes away from the closest beach, which has an excellent lunch and bar service, whilst a host of water based excursions, from sailing to snorkelling and windsurfing with hyro-bikes and pedal boats are available on a complimentary basis.
At Canouan's Sugar Palm Kids' Club, (4 to 14-year-olds), there are two play areas equipped with age-appropriate toys and games, whilst a range of outdoor and indoor activities are organised by the trained staff – treasure hunts, nature walks, mask-making and even a Canouan junior version of the Olympic Games.
The resort's challenging 18-hole, par 72 golf course, designed by Jim Fazio, offers unparalleled views of the bay. It stretches across sixty acres along the seafront; half of it is built on the flat coastal plain and the other half is carved out of the hillside above the bay and the resort. Golf instruction, carts and rental clubs are available.
Health & Fitness
Canouan Spa’s philosophy takes its inspiration from the ancient Sanskrit legend that promised eternal youth. Renewing and nurturing treatments are administered by a team of highly skilled international Therapists in Hillside Palapas, reached by funicular, or one of the two Grand Palapas positioned over-the-water, their glass-bottom floors offering intimate views of the fish below. A fully-equipped fitness centre offers a range of classes from yoga to boxing.
Weddings & Honeymoons
A 17th century church, brought to the island stone by stone from England at the end of the last century, is one venue option for your Canouan wedding. It has been lovingly restored and features beautiful murals and stained-glass windows by renowned Italian artist, Costanzo Rovati. Alternatively, weddings can be held on the white sandy beach, against the backdrop of the turquoise sea. Guests can hold their wedding ceremony, subject to the usual legal requirements. A special Wedding Coordinator will be on-hand to assist at all times.