- Type:Boutique Hotel
- Summary:The intimate home-from-home ambience is delightful
- Feature:Housing the finest collection of South African artwork
- Rooms:11 rooms & suites, plus the 5-bedroom Ellerman Villa
- Location:Cape Town ,
Cape Town ,
- Star rating:5 Star
- Nearest airport:Cape Town International Airport
Location and transfer
35 minutes from Cape Town International Airport by car transfer.
There are just thirteen stylish guest rooms and suites, including the expansive Ellerman House Suite and East Wing Suite, which are individually decorated to provide the highest standard of luxury and pure indulgence. Individual stone-balustraded balconies offer breathtaking panoramic views across the Atlantic Ocean. Alternatively, there are two, contemporary luxury villas located next door: Villa One boasts five bedrooms and the newly created Villa Two houses three bedrooms and each one is perfect for families or groups of friends (children of all ages are welcome at Villa One, while children over the age of fourteen are welcome at Villa Two.
All guest rooms and suites have air-conditioning, a safe, hairdryer, mini-bar, fridge, telephone, satellite television and a twice-daily maid service.
Ellerman House Rooms & Suites:+
- Room View: All but two of the thirteen rooms and suites have views of the Atlantic Ocean and Robben Island.
- Facilities: Ellerman House boasts eleven luxurious en suite guest bedrooms and two spacious guest suites, all featuring rich textures, fine linen and examples of African art. Each individually decorated room or suite has flat-screen satellite television, underfloor heating, air-conditioning, internet access, a private stone balustraded balcony and a complimentary mini-bar. This is gracious, elegant accommodation at its very best.
Ellerman House Villa One:+
- Size: 692m²
- Room View: Panoramic Atlantic Ocean views
- Facilities: Offering supreme contemporary luxury and service in a private, self-contained location, Villa One is modern in style and offers five bedrooms (two of the bedrooms are located on the lower spa level), a separate television lounge, dining room and study, as well as a fabulous pool deck with a swimming pool. The villa boasts the round-the-clock and discreet services of a private Chef and hospitality team. Ellerman House Villa One can only be hired as a complete unit, making it an ideal option for families or a group of friends. Children of all ages are welcome at Villa One.
Ellerman House Villa Two :+
- Size: 432m²
- Room View: Garden views
- Facilities: Built above the stunning new Wine Gallery, the two-storey Villa Two is ideal for families travelling with children over fourteen years of age and high-profile guests seeking complete privacy. Luxuriously appointed guest bedrooms with open-plan bathrooms are situated on the first level, along with a study area and a surround-sound mini-cinema. On the top level are the entertainment, dining and living areas - fold-away glass doors lead out to the patio and infinity-edge swimming pool. Guests of Villa Two enjoy the exclusive services of a Chef and small team of staff.
Children over the age of 14 years old are welcome at Ellerman House, while Ellerman House Villa One (five bedrooms) welcomes children of all ages and the new Ellerman House Villa Two (three bedrooms) welcomes children over the age of fourteen.
Health & Fitness
The Ellerman House Spa, located on the ground floor of Ellerman House Villa One, features three treatment rooms, a large sauna, sensation shower and a stunning relaxation lounge with an infinity-edge jet pool surrounded by a decked area and offering uninterrupted views of the Atlantic Ocean.
Beyond the hotel, activities such as golf, mountain-biking, hiking, horse-riding, fishing, sailing, water-skiing, diving, canoeing, kayaking and seasonal whale-watching can all be arranged.
Indoors, the Owner's Library features some old and rare volumes, while Ellerman House also showcases one of the finest collections of original South African art in the Ellerman House Contemporary Gallery. Venture here for films and art documentaries shown on the impressive drop-down cinema screen.
Weddings & Honeymoons
Ellerman House offers a stunning location for a romantic honeymoon; couples experience absolute exclusivity on their private balconies, overlooking the Atlantic Ocean and relaxing around the swimming pool. The terrace with its white wrought iron furniture and Colonial pink-striped cushions, meanwhile, is a favourite place for a lingering romantic meal. Under shady umbrellas, leafy trees or a deep-blue starry night, couples can enjoy the superb food and wine that is a hallmark of Ellerman House.