- Summary:Luxurious adventure lodge based in central Patagonia
- Feature:Picture-perfect views of the Paine Massif's colossal towers
- Rooms:49 rooms & suites
- Location:Punta Arenas ,
- Nearest airport:Punta Arenas Airport
Location and transfer
4 hours from Punta Arenas Airport by car transfer.
The forty-nine guest rooms and suites are restful and peaceful, offering more of the silence that pervades the entire lodge and its surroundings. With this in mind, guests will be devoid of televisions and wi-fi access while ensconced in their accommodation, though wi-fi is available in the public areas.
Salto Chico Room:+
- Rooms: 7
- Size: 28m²
- Room View: Salto Chico Waterfall views
- Facilities: Enjoying spectacular waterfall views, these guest rooms are ideal for those who enjoy the rhythmic sounds of gushing water. Almondwood floors, king-size beds, sitting areas and slate-tiled bathrooms make for comfortable interiors, while the large windows drink in a great deal of light and lovely views.
Cordillera Paine Room :+
- Rooms: 36
- Size: 28m²
- Room View: Macizo del Paine and lake views
- Facilities: Enjoy the tranquillity of a wi-fi and television-free bedroom, along with ample space and glorious mountain and lake views. Bathrooms boast hydrotherapy baths, while the guest room itself is neat, modern and inviting – the perfect retreat after a day's hiking through the wilderness.
- Rooms: 6
- Size: 42m²
- Room View: Macizo del Paine views
- Facilities: The largest of Explora Patagonia's guest accommodation, the six Exploradores Suites are spacious and comfortable, offering large windows, seating areas and impressive views. The décor is simple and stylishly modern with a rustic twist, boasting almondwood floors, king-size beds and slate-tiled en suite bathrooms with hydrotherapy baths. For those who wish to embrace the peaceful ambience that pervades the lodge, there's a distinct lack of urban technologies available in the accommodation, with no televisions or internet access to distract from the tremendous surroundings.
The main restaurant is open for all-day dining, from buffet breakfasts to gourmet lunches and dinners. Picnic-style lunches are provided if you’re out enjoying excursions and will often include a warming bowl of hearty soup. And when you return from your trips, a popular gathering place for guests is the Explorer's Bar, serving lip-smacking, reviving Chilean wines and a range of spirits.
- Cuisine: Healthy gourmet dishes
- Setting: Enjoy regional flavours and local dishes, as well as buffet breakfasts, in the elegant dining room, which also boasts large picture windows overlooking Salto Chico Waterfall.
- Dress Code: Smart/casual
- Children's Menu: No
- Vegetarian Menu: No
Health & Fitness
Ona Bathhouses is located a short 100-metre walk from the main lodge and can be accessed down a long wooden walkway. Inside, guests are greeted with a superb heated swimming pool, massage room offering a range of treatments and a sauna, while outside, there are four Jacuzzis - perfect to sit and admire the surrounding views of Penhoe Lake and the mountains.