- Type:Luxury Hotel
- Summary:A sleek, environmentally aware hotel on Easter Island
- Feature:Visit the ancient Moai statues unique to Easter Island
- Rooms:30 rooms & suites
- Location:Easter Island ,
- Nearest airport:Santiago International Airport
Location and transfer
5 hours, 30 minutes from Santiago International Airport by plane transfer.
There are a total of thirty air-conditioned guest rooms and suites at Explora Rapa Nui, each offering expansive, uninterrupted views down to the sea. None of the accommodation has wi-fi connectivity or televisions, ensuring guests' time at the lodge is as restful as possible.
- Rooms: 26
- Size: 32m²
- Room View: Pacific Ocean views
- Facilities: All of the Varua Rooms are decorated in muted, earthy colours using materials such as stone and pine. Internally, the rooms are modern and edgy with an abundance of natural light due to large picture windows. In addition, there is a cosy living area and separate bathroom with a hydrotherapy bath and luxury toiletries. To maximise the hotel’s peace and quiet, there are no distracting televisions or internet access available in any of the guest rooms (wi-fi can be found in the public areas).
Raa Suite :+
- Rooms: 4
- Size: 44m²
- Room View: Pacific Ocean views
- Facilities: Enjoying additional space and a unique curved design, the four Raa Suites are spacious and modern, with a rustic twist created by the wood, stone and polished concrete accents, and each one boasts a curved bank of picture windows with a curved expansive window seat providing the perfect spot in which to put your feet up and admire the uninterrupted views down to the water. The bedroom is large and boasts a king-size bed, while the en suite bathroom has a hydrotherapy bath. There are modern amenities, though you'll be unable to find a television or internet access in any of these suites.
Explora Rapa Nui serves guests an extensive choice of culinary treats throughout the day - including an elaborate picnic in-between excursions. It also boasts a comprehensive wine list, offering popular and premium wines from Chile’s main wine-producing vineyards. In addition, Explorer's Bar is a popular venue for the lodge's guides to meet guests before embarking on excursions. More importantly, it is also the place where guests congregate to enjoy a reviving drink post-excursion and pre-dinner!
Dining Room :+
- Cuisine: International dishes and seafood
- Setting: With its modern curved interior, comprising a great deal of wooden cladding, wide window sills and expansive picture windows, the dining room is a great place to enjoy the regularly changing three-course menus of well-balanced meals, locally sourced seafood and healthy ingredients for lunch and dinner, accompanied by the finest Chilean wines. A buffet breakfast is served every morning.
- Dress Code: Smart/casual
- Children's Menu: No
- Vegetarian Menu: No
Guests can experience the history, heritage and culture of Easter Island (Rapa Nui) by participating in one of the lodge’s many guided excursions. There is an activity suitable for all abilities, from volcano treks to horse-riding on the beach. Other tours include hiking, biking, surfing and zip-lining. Choose a full-day itinerary or split your time between different morning and afternoon activities. All excursions can be discussed, devised and arranged the night before (during the lodge's evening cocktail hour) or simply express your requirements the following morning. These trips are remote, unusual and off-the-beaten-track, so you won’t be disturbed by other tourists scampering after the same attraction. Of course, you can always get acquainted with the ancient Maoi statues - an amazing feat of ingenuity, these ancestral figures are over five-hundred years old and unique to the South Pacific, making for an almost spiritual experience.