- Summary:A luxurious camp set in the midst of an exotic jungle
- Feature:Elephant mahout training and trekking
- Rooms:12 Superior Tents & 3 Deluxe Tents
- Location:Chiang Rai ,
- Nearest airport:Chiang Rai Airport
Location and transfer
1 hour, 30 minutes from Chiang Rai Airport by private car and boat transfer (traditional way of arriving, five minutes).
All guest tents have a mini-bar, telephone, safe, hairdryer, tea and coffee-making facilities, binoculars, blackout drapes, smoke alarms, a radio-alarm clock, complimentary high-speed internet access and fax.
- Rooms: 17
- Room View: Various views
- Facilities: These luxurious freestanding guest tents are spacious, with open-plan interiors, outdoor decking and plenty of privacy.
- Rooms: 3
- Room View: Jungle views
- Facilities: For extra comfort, upgrade to a Deluxe Tent, which features a beautiful wooden bath and an outdoor deck area with a day-bed. Return from a jungle trek to find your custom-made bath filled with relaxing Thai herbs and flowers for you to enjoy a long soak in whilst gazing across the wild terrain.
Dining is an integral part of the camp's activities and guests share their dining experiences in locations that may vary from day to day. Breakfast is served at Nong Yao, the main restaurant, while lunch may be a picnic in the jungle. After late-afternoon activities, partake in a sundowner - thirty minutes of snacks and refreshments - at the riverside stilttop bar while you watch the sky turn golden. Dinner is a special event in itself; it may be a barbecue under the stars, a five-course formal meal or a dinner by campfire at Elephant Camp.
Children aged from 12 years upwards are welcome. Regrettably, the activities available and location are not suitable for younger children.
Health & Fitness
At The Spa at Four Seasons Tented Camp, wonder-working treatments rejuvenate your body and bathe your spirit in perfect serenity. Amidst the bamboo forests of the Golden Triangle are two open-air salas featuring double treatment rooms, spa beds and a bath/shower area. With their rustic design and use of natural materials, the salas blend in with their surroundings. In this environment of simple luxury, traditional Thai massages and innovative rituals, assisted by the healing power of mountain botanicals and warming spices, guide you on a restorative journey.
All-inclusive two, three or four-night adventures have been designed to teach guests how to train, drive and trek an elephant through Thailand's tropical jungles. On arrival, guests are presented with a traditional mahout outfit and are taught how to behave around elephants; basic vocal commands and how to get on and off safely. Accompanied by the elephant’s own Mahout, you will practise the basic commands required to drive an elephant while exploring the surrounding jungle. In addition, guests can join the Mahouts as they prepare the elephants for trekking, by bathing and scrubbing them in the river. After sundowners, bid your elephant goodnight as he is released into back into the jungle for night-feeding.