- Summary:Offers an elegant, quiet and welcoming haven
- Feature:Enjoy a game of tennis on the all-weather court
- Rooms:18 Junior Lodge Suites & 2 Cottages
- Location:Taupo ,
New Zealand’s North Island ,
- Nearest airport:Taupo Airport
Location and transfer
15 minutes from Taupo Airport by private car transfer.
Guest rooms and suites feature air-conditioning, mini-bars, internet wi fi access and a twice daily maid service. Televisions and DVD/CD players are available on request. A private butler service is available to those guests staying in the Alan Pye Cottage or Owner's Cottage.
Junior Lodge Suite :+
- Rooms: 18
- Room View: Waikato River and Huka Falls views
- Facilities: Junior Lodge Suites are spacious, light and very peaceful, and boast wooden outdoor terraces. The bathrooms all have underfloor heating and a sunken bath is complemented by a separate shower and double handbasins.
Alan Pye Cottage:+
- Rooms: 1
- Room View: Manicured garden, river and Huka Falls views
- Facilities: The gorgeous two-bedroom Alan Pye Cottage pays a design nod to the English Arts and Crafts movement of the 1920s and 1930s and is a symphony of timber, stone and brickwork. Antique furniture, Mouri artwork, paintings and textiles, along with a fresh palette of lime green, turquoise and white, combine to create an elegant, contemporary residence. The fabulous open-plan living and dining area has a welcoming, compfortable ambience, with floor-to-ceiling windows showcasing views of the river, the private courtyard garden and outdoor pavilion. The luxurious bathrooms feature underfloor heating, baths, separate showers and walk-in wardrobes. Additionally, there's a fully equipped kitchen, study, outdoor heated infinity-edge pool with separate spa pool, a stone pavilion and courtyard garden featuring a fireplace.
- Rooms: 1
- Room View: River and Huka Falls views
- Facilities: Virtually hidden from view, this spectacular four-bedroom cottage is a most exclusive hideaway for up to eight guests, and sits in a sunny, elevated position within Huka Lodge's manicured grounds. The spacious en suite guest rooms (featuring super-king-size beds, fireplaces, walk-in wardrobes and comfortable chairs) look out onto the private courtyard garden or the river and boast bathrooms with cathedral-style ceilings, deep-soaking baths, separate showers and underfloor heating. Each one is located off the expansive and supremely stylish open-plan living and dining room, which boasts a sophisticated palette of creams and dark woods, a magnificent stone fireplace, suede sofas, leather tub chairs and a large dining table and chairs. Additionally, there's a den with a plasma-screen television, DVD player, comfortable leather chairs and an elegant fireplace, along with a well-equipped kitchen and outdoor space featuring a large terrace of the lounge, a cantilevered infinity-edge pool, a heated spa pool and plenty of outdoor furniture for sunbathing, dining and lounging.
For a unique experience, dine within the wine cellar, by an outdoor fireplace or at a private candlelit table under the stars.
Dining Venues at Huka Lodge:+
- Cuisine: Various dishes, accompanied by fine wine
- Setting: Wherever you choose to dine - and there are twenty locations within the lodge and grounds to choose from, including in the main lodge, the Trophy Room, outdoor terraces, the wine cellar, orchard and within the seventeen acres of grounds - you'll enjoy unique, freshly prepared cuisine created by the talented English Chef, an extensive wine selection and impeccable service.
- Dress Code: Smart/casual
- Children's Menu: No
- Vegetarian Menu: No
Guests can explore the local environment on foot, horseback or in 4x4 vehicles (with the aid of experienced Guides) or try their hand at fly-fishing in the 'trout fishing capital of the world'. Other nearby activities include golf, white-water rafting, horse-riding and the 'must-do' heli-tour of White Island, incorporating Mount Tarawera, followed by a private lunch at the stunning jetty waterfront table afterwards (bookings are recommended).