- Type:Boutique Hotel
- Summary:Set on 6,000 acres near Matauri Bay
- Feature:Offering spectacular 180-degree views of the Pacific Ocean
- Rooms:22 suites and a two-bedroom Owner's Cottage
- Location:Bay of Islands ,
- Nearest airport:Kerikeri Airport
Location and transfer
Approximately forty minutes from Kerikeri Airport by private car transfer or 1 hour, 10 minutes from Auckland Airport by helicopter transfer.
All guest suites feature a ceiling fan, mini-bar (charges apply), tea and coffee-making facilities, a hairdryer, iron and ironing board, bathrobes and slippers, bathroom amenities, walk-in his and hers wardrobes, a personal safe, flat-screen television, DVD/CD player, telephone, wi-fi internet access and a twice daily maid service. There is also a private butler service, available upon request.
- Room View: Various views
- Facilities: Every guest suite offers its own private porch, comfortable bedroom with sitting area and open fireplace, walk-in his and hers wardrobes and a bathroom with a shower, bath and his and hers vanities.
- Rooms: 1
- Size: 4,200ft²
- Room View: Ocean and golf course views
- Facilities: The two-bedroom Owner's Cottage offers spacious detached accommodation on the property and comprises a main lounge, private infinity-edge swimming pool, courtyard, hot tub, barbecue facilities and a kitchen for private in-cottage dining. Open fireplaces are a feature of the bedrooms and lounge, while there are also two bathrooms and a separate powder room. There is a small office which can be converted into a third bedroom for a nanny or children.
Delicious hot and cold buffet breakfasts, three-course gourmet lunches and sumptuous, daily-changing a la carte dinners are available in the main dining room. For guests who wish to explore beyond the lodge, or dine in several locations across the lodge grounds, a selection of picnic lunches is available, while back at the lodge, Cocktail Hour allows guests to mingle and enjoy an array of wines, beers, spirits and hors d'oeuvres before dinner.
Main Dining Room:+
- Cuisine: Daily-changing New Zealand and seafood cuisine
- Setting: Gourmet à la carte dining is available in the main dining room or on the verandas.
- Dress Code: Smart/casual
- Children's Menu: Yes
- Vegetarian Menu: Yes
The Lodge has its own par 72, 18-hole championship golf course, which measures 6,412 metres long, and offers four sets of tees to challenge every level of player.
There is so much to do at Kauri Cliffs; days are effortlessly full of indulgent treats and exhilarating days out. Request a private beach barbecue or picnic on a secluded stretch of coastline, or try out land-based fishing - a lucky catch will result in the Chef preparing a seafood speciality for your dinner. Alternatively, take a guided bird-watching tour, go boar and possum-hunting or practice first with clay pigeon-shooting. There are also mountain-bikes available for guest use and the staff will be more than happy to organise excursions further afield (scenic flights, cruises and sailing are all available in the area). We can highly recommend a trip to the Kawati Glow Worm Caves, which are fascinating and beautiful in equal measure.