- Type:Luxury Private Villa
- Style:Family / Friends
- Child policy:Children of all ages are welcome
- Summary:Spacious villa boasting enviable views
- Top feature:Set within seven acres of lush gardens
- Rooms: 4 bedrooms
- Location:Castries ,
- Nearest airport:Hewanorra International Airport
Location and transfer
Approximately a 1 hour and 30 minute drive from Hewanorra International Airport by private car.
Having just been updated following a two-year renovation, Morne Trulah boasts spacious living areas within its historic walls. Comprising four bedrooms, each boasting stunning views, a private deck and an en suite bathroom, this splendid villa welcomes you with a twenty-foot-high cathedral ceiling before you enter the living area, which opens seamlessly onto the outdoor lounge with sprawling sea views. In a cosy nook in the living area, you can entertain yourself with a 60-inch television with surround sound and Apple TV, high-speed wi-fi and a piano.
The villa also features a fully-equipped kitchen, in which you can prepare food picked straight from the gardens, while you can enjoy your meals in the beautiful open-sided dining area overlooking the sea.
- Room View: Pigeon Island, Martinique and Rodney Bay
- Facilities: Watch the twinkling lights of Rodney bay from your king-size bed in the evenings or relax on your private wrap-around deck with an outdoor soaking tub.
- Room View: Orchid gardens and Rodney Bay
- Facilities: This suite features a wrap-around terrace which leads to Morne Trulah's own stretch of white sands with palm trees - a great spot to relax.
- Room View: Mountains and Trouya Beach
- Facilities: This eastward facing deck features a king-size bed and wonderful views of the beach below
- Room View: Views of Castries harbour and the sunset
- Facilities: Enjoy stunning sunset displays from your private terrace in the evening and wake to scenes of the boats gliding into the harbour in the morning.
With a fruit, vegetable and herb garden within the villa grounds, the flavours of fresh St Lucia produce are just steps away. Ask the gardener to help you pick the most tempting or gather your own ingredients to create your own dish. There is a private chef and housekeeper to assist in preparing meals while dining is sure to be a highlight with the enviable al fresco dining areas with wonderful sea views.
External facilities at the villa
Set within seven-acres of lush tropical gardens, Morne Trulah sits within historic 18th century walls, boasting unrivalled views from its hilltop location. Outside, the villa features a wonderful outdoor covered lounge and a 55-foot infinity-edged swimming pool overlooking Rodney Bay, plus an al fresco dining area. From the pool deck, you can see the beautiful gardens that cosset the property, made up of hundreds of orchids, exotic trees and indigenous flowers, plus a vegetable garden - guests are welcome to pick vegetables, fruits and herbs themselves which, dependent on season, may include mangoes, pineapples, bananas, watermelons and more. Morne Trulah also boasts the island's only croquet lawn, while walkers can stroll the half-kilometre nature trail that leads along the seaside cliff. The villa is enclosed by a 10-foot-high security fence and includes electronic gate entry.
Villa staff details
The services of a private chef is included in the cost of renting the villa which covers dinner for three nights per week in high season and one night per week in low season. Menus can be arranged in advance and the cost of food is chargeable to guests. The housekeeper is available to cook breakfast and lunch, as required, between 8.30am and 3pm daily. There are three full-time gardeners, with one handyman residing in staff quarters, who can help you pick fruit and vegetables if required.
Set up on its peninsula location, Morne Trulah looks down on two undeveloped beaches, set just two-hundred meters away. Along the charming sands of Trouya Beach, you can relax with no disturbances and savour the picturesque views. Just a ten-minute drive away, you will also find Reduit Beach with a peppering of beach bars and laidback restaurants to discover, along with golden sands.
Families of all ages are welcome to stay at Morne Trulah and there is plenty of space to accommodate all. When not playing in the spacious swimming pool or in the gardens, you can go for a walk along the nature trails or head out to Pigeon Island National Park, which is a twenty-minute drive away. Here, you can explore the historic walls of Fort Rodney, the Carib Caves, Signal Peak and the military ruins, stopping at Pigeon Island beach on your way.