- Type:Luxury Hotel
- Summary:An exquisite hotel in the heart of Covent Garden
- Feature:The swimming pool serenades guests with underwater music
- Rooms:93 rooms & 12 suites
- Location:London ,
- Nearest airport:London Heathrow Airport
Location and transfer
15 minutes from London City Airport and approximately 1 hour from London Heathrow Airport by car transfer.
Guest rooms and suites each feature air-conditioning, a mini-bar, iPod docking station, flat-screen television with on-demand entertainment, DVD player, a safe, hairdryer, task lighting, direct-dial telephones, complimentary wi-fi broadband access, a Nespresso machine, Frette bed linen, daily delivery of fresh fruit and flowers and twice-daily maid service.
- Rooms: 6
- Size: up to 110m²
- Room View: various views
- Facilities: Families with youngsters are made extremely welcome at One Aldwych and there are six interconnecting Deluxe Rooms (34-36m²) and Suites (72 to 74m²) that would provide the ideal accommodation. Extra beds and cots can be requested and children's linen and bed rails are available. Wii consoles can be set up in any room, while the children's DVD, CD and games library offers a range of entertainment options for younger guests. Book a suite and your accommodation includes a kitchen, which is perfect for flexible dining, while the special 'Little Laundry' service will ensure little ones are looking their best - children even have their own mini bathrobes and slippers, sure to make them feel very grown up and special.
- Size: 24-27m²
- Room View: Various views
- Facilities: Furnished in neutral tones, intermittently splashed with richer colours, Aldwych Rooms are contemporary and stylish and boast king-size or twin beds and an en suite bathroom with a bath, power shower, television and organic bath products from PlanTation. Exquisite and thoughtful touches include weather cards placed on pillows at turndown, fresh flowers and fruit delivered daily, a complimentary shoe shine service and triple-glazed windows that open.
- Size: 34-36m²
- Room View: Various views
- Facilities: Deluxe Rooms are spacious and decorated with a soothing palette of colours. Each one has a king-size bed or twin beds and a bathroom with a bath and walk-in shower. Offering the same amenities as Aldwych and Executive Rooms, this room type affords a little more space and is the largest accommodation in this category.
- Size: 48m²
- Room View: Waterloo Bridge views
- Facilities: The signature open-plan Studio Suite may be configured as one, three or four-bedroom accommodation, offering an excellent option for parties of up to nine guests, who would share a private three-bedroom suite on one floor and a fourth bedroom on the floor above, accessed by an interconnecting door. Enjoying a corner location in the hotel, the uniquely shaped, circular suite features a king-size bed, floor-to-ceiling windows, a writing desk, sofa, chairs, a coffee table and an en suite bathroom with a walk-through wardrobe, bath and walk-in power shower. The additional en suite guest rooms may be accessed via a private corridor and each one boasts a bath and/or walk-in shower, wardrobes, king-size beds and sitting areas. A three-bedroom configuration would provide 98m² of accommodation, while the additional fourth bedroom would increase the space to 124m².
- Size: 65m²
- Room View: Views along The Aldwych road
- Facilities: Stylish and sophisticated, the spacious Executive Suites are located at the corner of the hotel and each one boasts a large living and dining room, luxuriously furnished with a sofa, chairs, a coffee table and a dining set, while the separate bedroom has a king-size bed, writing desk and sitting area and the en suite bathroom offers a bath, power shower, mini television and luxury PlanTation bath products. Some of the suites include a kitchen, which is great for families or for those who wish to enjoy a longer stay. Thoughtful touches include a Nespresso coffee machine, iPod docking station, fresh fruit and flowers delivered daily, triple-glazed windows that open and weather cards left on pillows at turndown. These suites are perfect for families and can be configured as one, two or three-bedroom en suite accommodation, connected by a corridor and/or interconnecting guest room, with a maximum size of 138m². Executive Suite 508, offering lovely views of Waterloo Bridge, may be combined with the adjacent Aldwych Room to provide private two-bedroom accommodation, with a maximum size of 103m².
The Dome Suite:+
- Size: 74m²
- Room View: Various views
- Facilities: This signature suite is located on the top floor, tucked under the copper cupola dome, and comprises a circular dining room seating up to ten guests, a lounge with sofas, a coffee table, writing desk and collection of books, a large bedroom with a king-size bed, seating area and a wardrobe, and an en suite bathroom with a bath, walk-in power shower, mini television and a guest powder room. Thoughtful touches include a Nespresso machine, wii console, iPod docking station, flat-screen televisions with up to 100 international channels, fresh fruit and flowers delivered daily and weather cards placed on pillows at turndown. The Dome Suite can be connected to the adjacent Deluxe Room, comprising a king-size bed, seating area and an en suite bathroom with a walk-in shower and a bath, to create a spacious, self-contained two-bedroom suite measuring 109m².
The hotel's Indigo restaurant incorporates the finest seasonal ingredients from the British Isles to create inventive dishes and the contemporary Lobby bar is one of London's most glamorous drinking spaces.
Afternoon Tea can be taken daily in the Lobby Bar and is themed on the famous Roald Dahl children's book, Charlie & The Chocolate Factory. Enjoy golden eggs made out of vanilla cheesecake and mango puree, candyfloss and blueberry brioches to accompany the delicious sandwiches, pastries, savoury tarts, homemade scones and chocolatey treats. The experience can be complemented by premier theatre tickets to see the celebrated West End musical version of the much-loved book, directed by the Oscar-winning film director, Sam Mendes.
- Cuisine: Modern European cuisine
- Setting: Indigo is a comfortable, informal dining venue overlooking the buzzing Lobby Bar. Open for all-day dining, including weekend brunches and pre- and post-theatre lunches and dinners.
- Dress Code: Casual
- Children's Menu: Yes
- Vegetarian Menu: Yes
The Lobby Bar:+
- Cuisine: Casual bar cuisine and Afternoon Tea
- Setting: Effortlessly cool and very glamorous, this bar has a deserved reputation as "One of the world's top five bars" (Sunday Telegraph). Occupying a double-height space in the heart of the hotel, the buzzy ambience is backdropped by bespoke modern sculpture, a spectacular wooden bar, huge flower arrangements and columns, dark wood lounging furniture accented by blue and gold cushions and wooden shuttered floor-to-ceiling windows, letting in lots of light and offering an ever-changing scene on the street outside.
- Dress Code: Smart/casual
- Children's Menu: No
- Vegetarian Menu: No
Conveniently located in Covent Garden in the heart of London's West End, guests at One Aldwych have easy access to luxury shopping, entertainment and the finest restaurants and bars and are within walking distance of numerous theatres.
Health & Fitness
The Health Club and Spa at One Aldwych focuses on holistic wellness, personal training, spa treatments and nutritional advice. The gym offers 24-hour access and Technogym equipment, while the chlorine-free swimming pool serenades its guests with underwater music. The spa has three treatment rooms, sauna and steam rooms and is open from 9am until 8.30pm (Monday to Friday) and 9am to 7.30pm (Saturdays and Sundays). Natura Bissé products are combined with a range of luxury spa sessions, from express treatments for the time-starved, to specialised men's treatments.
Special experiences can be arranged, including a trip to the market with the Chef or a private film screening in the hotel's screening room.