- Summary:Fabulous views surround this award-winning retreat
- Feature:Dining is superb and many ingredients are grown locally
- Rooms:5 suites & 2 master suites
- Location:Tai Tapu ,
New Zealand's South Island ,
- Nearest airport:Christchurch Airport
Location and transfer
Situated in Tai Tapu (South Island); 35 minutes from Christchurch Airport.
All guest rooms feature a television, DVD/CD player, internet wi-fi access and a twice-daily maid service.
- Room View: Various views
- Facilities: Otahuna Lodge is an exclusive country estate offering five suites and two master suites. Each retains architectural features from the 19th century, such as ornate original fireplaces, carved inglenooks and stained-glass windows. Each luxury suite offers a super-king bed, fine custom-made linens, toiletries by Penhaligon’s of London, deep-soaking baths and separate rain showers.
Health & Fitness
The Day Spa offers a variety of pampering treatments.
A stay at Otahuna Lodge is all about tranquillity, relaxing and de-stressing. Embark on woodland walks and horse-riding, or borrow one of the lodge's bikes and explore the vast country estate, as well as its surrounding lakes. For those with an interest in the culinary world, there are three-hour cooking classes to be enjoyed and a whole garden of ingredients to inspire you. In addition, heli-skiing, wilderness treks, lunch at Pegasus Bay Winery and trips to the harbour town of Akaroa can all be arranged.