- Type:Luxury Hotel
- Summary:Romantic, exclusive suites and a spacious villa at Ladera
- Feature:Dramatic views of The Pitons, a UNESCO World Heritage Site
- Rooms:4 suites & 1 villa
- Location:Soufriere ,
- Star rating:5 Star
- Nearest airport:Hewanorra International Airport
Location and transfer
Approximately 45 minutes from Hewanorra International Airport by private car transfer.
Each of the secluded suites and the villa boasts a mini-bar, tea and coffee-making facilities, a hairdryer, bathrobes and slippers, toiletries by Molten Brown, a safe, wi-fi internet access, complimentary butler service and twice-daily maid service.
Suites at Paradise Ridge:+
- Rooms: 4
- Size: 1,400ft²
- Room View: Views of The Pitons and Caribbean Sea
- Facilities: These lovely, open-air suites have a three-wall design and incorporate handcrafted hardwood furniture designed and built at the resort, along with locally sourced tiles, stone and textiles. Each one boasts generously proportioned living areas and a large en suite bathroom featuring high-end Kohler fixtures. The spacious bedroom houses a canopied four-poster king-size bed, while outdoors, there is a heated plunge pool and a furnished terrace offering splendid views across to The Pitons and the Caribbean Sea beyond.
Villa at Paradise Ridge:+
- Rooms: 1
- Size: 1,900ft²
- Room View: Views of The Pitons and Caribbean Sea
- Facilities: The exclusive Villa at Paradise Ridge is the ultimate honeymoon retreat and offers guests a great deal of privacy to go with its spectacular views. Very spacious and constructed from local hardwood, tiles and stone, this lovely villa has been styled in a traditional Caribbean way, with contemporary Dedon furniture and traditionally styled hardwood furniture (constructed by the resort's in-house craftsmen) combining to great effect. As with the smaller Suites at Paradise Ridge, this villa has a three-wall construction, with the living area and spacious furnished balcony giving way to the open air and unobstructed views of the iconic Pitons, which are directly facing the Villa. The accommodation comprises a bedroom with a canopied king-size four-poster bed, a spacious bathroom featuring high-end Kohler fixtures, a dining area and a lounge area with a double daybed, while on the spacious balcony, there is a private heated plunge pool that offers those all-important magnificent vistas of the mountains.
Guests staying at Paradise Ridge at Ladera are able to dine at Ladera's award-winning Dasheene Restaurant, which serves breakfast, lunch and dinner, along with a Sunday Brunch. Preferential seating can be arranged through guests' personal Butlers, along with in-room dining, when required. Additionally, the restaurant has a bar, which is open from 9am until midnight and boasts glorious views of The Pitons.
- Cuisine: Caribbean and St Lucian cuisine
- Setting: This open-air restaurant boasts a fabulous location high up on the hillside, amongst tropical rainforest and overlooking the Caribbean Sea and The Pitons. Simple wooden chairs and tables decorated with pretty arrangements of tropical flowers create a relaxed ambience in which to enjoy breakfast and lunch during the day. The ambience is no less relaxed when night falls, but the addition of candlelight and white linen-covered tables ensures a more romantic atmosphere in which to enjoy the sumptuous culinary delights created by the resort's Executive Chef.
- Dress Code: Smart/casual
- Children's Menu: No
- Vegetarian Menu: Yes
Paradise Ridge at Ladera is located on a hillside and the nearest sandy beach, Sugar Beach, is a ten-minute drive away via the resort's complimentary shuttle service, which operates between the resort and the beach three times a day. Complimentary beach towels can be provided, while sunbeds may be hired from the resort that is located on the beach. Ladera would be delighted to transfer guests to other nearby beaches, too, if they wish.
Snorkelling is available nearby, with complimentary snorkelling equipment provided.
Health & Fitness
The Spa at Ladera boasts four treatment rooms, along with four hot tubs in its tranquil gardens, and offers indulgent massages, facials, body scrubs and wraps using Sothy's products. Additionally, manicures, pedicures, waxing, hair braiding and spa packages are available, while outdoor massages at Paradise Ridge at Ladera can be arranged, along with massages given in-room.
Do make a reservation to enjoy an early-evening Sulphur Mud Treatment and be transported to the world's only drive-in volcano by private transfer, accompanied by your therapist. Indulge as you soak in mineral-rich water, are scrubbed using volcanic sand and finally covered in black, nutrient-rich mud. The treatment promises to hydrate, revitalise and nourish your skin, while the entire process will relax you and is excellent therapy for swollen joints, arthritis, fatigue and stress - with silky smooth skin a lasting reminder of your sulphur spring adventure.
Paradise Ridge at Ladera is an exclusive, adults-only part of Ladera resort - accessed by a landscaped footpath leading from the main resort - allowing for a more refined, quieter ambience conducive to a very romantic holiday that discerning couples will adore.
Guests who wish to explore beyond the resort will be delighted to learn that there are a number of excursions and activities that can be enjoyed during their stay, including guided hiking and rainforest walks, horse-riding, scuba-diving, snorkelling and sailing trips, bird-watching, island tours to visit the sulphur springs found at the island's drive-in volcano, Diamond Waterfall at the Botanical Gardens, trips to nearby Soufriere Market (followed by a cooking demonstration) - even climbing those majestic Pitons mountains that guests will inevitably become very familiar with during their stay.
For guests who wish to remain at the resort, however, the fully stocked library can provide reading material and board games, while portable DVD players are available for in-room movie viewing.
Weddings & Honeymoons
What could be better than to be married or renew your vows in a warm tropical paradise, amongst rainforest and overlooking the iconic Pitons and Caribbean Sea? And what a superb backdrop for your wedding photographs, too!
At Paradise Ridge at Ladera, a wedding or renewal of vows is surprisingly easy to co-ordinate, with Ladera's Wedding Specialist on hand to arrange everything and ensure your special day is as perfect as can be. For brides-to-be in need of some nerve-calming pampering, pre-wedding treatments can be enjoyed at The Spa at Ladera, while on the day itself, guests are able to marry in the privacy of their suite, surrounded by family and friends, if they wish, or at the exclusive, open-air Villa at Paradise Ridge. The ceremony can be as simple or as extravagant as you wish, whether your only desire is to have a couple of witnesses, the marriage official and the legal requirements taken care of, or touches such as a two-tier wedding cake, a floral wedding arch, Champagne and canapes, a photographer and entertainment provided by a guitarist or steel band. After you've enjoyed your ceremony and the photographs have been taken, the resort's award-winning restaurant would be delighted to provide a customised menu of fresh, local cuisine for your reception.