- Summary:A Neo Classical luxury refuge deep in the bush
- Feature:The Royal Malewane Bush Spa is one of the best in the bush
- Rooms:6 Luxury Suites, the Royal Suite and Malewane Suite
- Location:Northern Province ,
- Nearest airport:Hoedspruit Airport
Location and transfer
1 hour, 30 minutes from Johannesburg Airport by light aircraft and private car transfer.
Each guest suite features an eclectic mix of exquisite antiques, original artworks and fashionably vibrant upholstery, and comes with a private plunge pool, sun gazebo and an outdoor shower. All accommodation has air-conditioning, a mini-bar, tea and coffee-making facilities, a hairdryer, bathrobes and slippers, bathroom amenities and a personal safe. In addition, the suites have a satellite or cable flat-screen television, DVD/CD player, telephone, wi-fi internet access and a private butler service. Suites are serviced three times a day and maids are on call 24 hours a day.
- Rooms: 6
- Room View: Bush and wildlife views
- Facilities: Luxury Suites are refined and luxurious, with wooden decks, infinity-edge plunge pools and thatched open-air gazebos furnished with sun loungers. The air-conditioned bedrooms and lounge areas feature fireplaces, canopied king-size beds, windowside Victorian-style rolltop baths in the extravagant bathrooms and indoor and outdoor showers. These luxurious and private suites are linked to the main camp via wooden walkways.
Royal Suite and Malewane Suite:+
- Rooms: 2
- Room View: Bush and wildlife views
- Facilities: The Colonial-style Royal Suite and Malewane Suite are extremely spacious, very secluded and each accommodates up to four people in two en suite bedrooms. Each one boasts a private lounge, dining area and a kitchen, while outside, both suites have their own private infinity-edge pool, a gazebo and large deck area. Complimentary services include a private Butler and Chef, private game-drives and up to four massages per suite, per day. For the ultimate arrival in style, guests can request the use of a helicopter or an executive jet.
Gourmet dining is a signature feature at Royal Malewane, served under the African sky or 'silver service' style in the various dining areas. Accompanying the delicious cuisine are fine South African wines, expertly chosen to complement each dish. In addition, Royal Malewane also offers kosher dining, with professionally trained chefs and a specially fitted out kitchen
Game Lodge Dining:+
- Cuisine: Gourmet cuisine
- Setting: Dining here is fabulous and a highlight of any stay at Royal Malewane. Take breakfast, lunch and dinner at the main lodge and you'll overlook a water hole, while outdoors, you can dine in the boma or in a bedouin tent.
- Dress Code: Informal
- Children's Menu: Yes
- Vegetarian Menu: Yes
Travelling as a family? Then why not book into Africa House, owners Liz and Phil Biden's private safari hideaway, which offers six en suite bedrooms, the services of its own Game Ranger and full access to the lodge's facilities. Accommodating up to twelve guests, light-filled, eclectically styled double suites have their own decks, while bathrooms are sumptuous and boast fabulous views of the bush. In addition, guests have a supply of complimentary snacks and drinks to supplement the fabulous culinary creations of Africa House's private Chef.
Children are made very welcome here and the private Ranger will effortlessly bring to life the wonders of the bush, engaging youngsters so they get the very best out of their family safari experiences, with opportunities to see animals up close. Back at Africa House, children can splash about in the private pool, lounge around on comfortable sofas to watch a film, play games and puzzles or read. Other activities include star-gazing and bird-watching.
Health & Fitness
Royal Malewane Bush Spa is one of the best in the bush and offers therapeutic massages and luxurious body treatments. Facilities include a heated lap pool, treatment rooms, a steam room, hot and cold baths, a hair salon, Jacuzzi and private casitas. Healthy juices, snacks and full wi-fi internet access, a gym and a courtyard in which to relax complete the picture.
In between your twice-daily game-drives, how about a horse-riding safari or a 'Cascades and Canyon' helicopter trip? There's also the option to play a challenging round of golf at Leopard's Creek Championship Golf Estate, which borders Crocodile River and is home to animals such as impala and giraffes. Staff will be more than happy to arrange additional excursions during your stay here.
Get the maximum out of your wildlife photography by hiring Royal Malewane's specialised photographic vehicle. It comes complete with two 360-degree swivel chairs, a third row, gimble heads for an additional two photographers and, of course, the guidance and expertise of the lodge's Game Rangers, all expert photographers themselves and keen to offer practical assistance and top tips, gained from their own experiences. Pre-booking is essential, so please call our Travel Consultants for more information, prices and to make your reservation.
Weddings & Honeymoons
Surround yourself with the romance of the African bush for a unique wedding day. The warm nature of the staff and fabulous Colonial-style setting - ideal for spectacular wedding photographs - ensure Royal Malewane is the perfect venue for a memorable wedding and honeymoon. Please contact your Travel Consultant for further information.