- Type:Boutique Hotel
- Summary:An exclusive boutique hotel offering upmarket beach living
- Feature:Oyster expeditions to Freycinet Marine Farm
- Rooms:20 suites
- Location:Tasmania ,
- Star rating:5 Star
- Nearest airport:Hobart International Airport
Location and transfer
2 hours, 30 minutes from Hobart International Airport or Launceston Airport by car transfer. NB: Visas are required for Australia.
The luxurious guest suites each feature one-thousand-thread Egyptian cotton bedding, air-conditioning, a mini-bar, tea and coffee-making facilities, a hairdryer, bathrobes and slippers, bathroom amenities, a personal safe, flat-screen television, DVD/CD player, telephone, iPod/iPhone docking station, wi-fi internet access and a twice daily maid service. Other thoughtful touches include Chef-prepared cookies, fresh apples, local books and magazines, hot water bottles, yoga mats and fresh flowers
- Size: 80m²
- Room View: Coastal and courtyard views
- Facilities: Featuring a combined living space and bedroom area with a king-size bed, bathroom with double shower and bath with courtyard views, as well as high-end facilities such as an LCD television, DVD player and iPod docking station, the Luxury Suites make for a wonderfully comfortable home-away-from-home.
- Size: 96m²
- Room View: Great Oyster Bay views
- Facilities: Signature Suites boast spacious interiors with combined living and sleeping areas, and feature a king-size bed, LCD television, DVD player and iPod docking station. The bathroom has a double shower and bath with Great Oyster Bay views, while outdoors, there is a courtyard and deck with a furnished lounging area.
- Size: 140m²
- Room View: Coastal views
- Facilities: Living space in Private Pavilions comprises a bedroom with king-size bed, a separate lounge, kitchen and dining room, and facilities such as an LCD television, DVD player, iPod docking station, espresso machine and complimentary French Champagne in the premium mini-bar. Private Pavilions also boast an extensive private courtyard with deck, sun loungers and a private plunge pool.
The exclusive Palate restaurant showcases the excellent local produce in its gourmet cuisine, while The Lounge is a chic and contemporary venue ideal for reading a book whilst enjoying barbecue cuisine and a drink during the day or a nightcap while playing board games after dinner.
- Cuisine: Tasmanian gourmet cuisine and multi-course degustation menus
- Setting: Exclusive restaurant set in a two-tiered venue and boasting panoramic peninsula views from its floor-to-ceiling windows.
- Dress Code: Smart/casual
- Children's Menu: Yes
- Vegetarian Menu: Yes
- Cuisine: Barbecue cuisine, cocktails and pre-dinner canapes
- Setting: Casual, relaxed hub of the resort with huge floor-to-ceiling windows, a fireplace and an outdoor terrace with a courtyard, perfect for enjoying drinks on warmer evenings while watching the sun set.
- Dress Code: Casual
- Children's Menu: Yes
- Vegetarian Menu: Yes
Health & Fitness
A spa experience at Saffire is like no other, mainly due to the boutique's collection of exclusive gem-based treatments. Bespoke sessions can be tailored around 'The Jewel Collection', a deluxe selection of facials that incorporate elements of sapphire, silver and gold. There is an anti-ageing treatment using pure diamond dust and treatments combining particles of gold with plant stem cells. Alternatively, opt for the 'Sapphire Ritual', a unique combination of warm oils, light therapy, massage and sapphire minerals, to help boost skin luminosity. The spa philosophy is to increase energy, promote renewal, rejuvenate, transform and relax, so there is a treatment to suit every requirement. Following a detailed consultation, a bespoke spa programme will be prepared especially for you. Example treatments include the Volcanic Body Shaper, using warm volcanic magma to improve the skin's subtleness and reduce the appearance of cellulite. This is deluxe pampering at its most glamorous.
While staying at Saffire, request one of the hotel's exclusive oyster excursions to Freycinet Marine Farm. Here, you will wade out, knee-deep, to the beds of the Pacific Oysters and observe how the shellfish are harvested. A unique experience will be trying a fresh oyster straight from the sea. Other excursions include a guided Saffire boat cruise to Schouten Island, where you're likely to spot sea lions, penguins and dolphins. Mountain-biking, kayaking and orienteering can all be organised, on request.