- Type:Villa Resort
- Style:Total Seclusion
- Lifestyle:Near The Beach
- Child policy:Family with Children under 12 allowed
- Summary:Enjoys an elevated location on Canouan Island
- Top feature:Stunning views from the infinity-edge swimming pool
- Rooms:6 bedrooms sleeping up to 12 guests
- Location:Canouan ,
St Vincent and The Grenadines
- Nearest airport:Canouan Airstrip
Location and transfer
12 minutes from Canouan Airstrip by car transfer. The grocery store in the village is seven minutes away, while the resort's facilities are reached by golf cart (provided for villa guests) in three minutes.
Silver Turtle is a six-bedroom, split-level villa offering 570m² of covered space. Perfect for a family holiday, it incorporates a study/media room and a bedroom for a nanny (off the kitchen). Through the main entrance you enter the foyer, which leads to the delightful Great Room offering beautiful views. Large folding glass doors open fully to bring the outdoors in, so you can enjoy the tropical Caribbean breezes. In the Right Wing, there are three bedrooms: the Master Bedroom, which is just three steps up from the Great Room, has a private media room adjacent to it, as well as two bedrooms with ocean views that are a few steps down from the Great Room. The Left Wing comprises the study/media room (which can be converted into a bedroom, as there is a fold-out sofa bed) and three bedrooms - one with double beds and the other two with king-size beds - are found in this wing. The spacious kitchen comes with stainless steel SMEG appliances and is very well appointed. There is an espresso coffee machine, blender, microwave, toaster, juice-maker, stove/oven and a dishwasher.
Bedroom One - Master Bedroom:+
- Size: 92.3m²
- Facilities: The Master Bedroom features a king-size bed, en suite bathroom with bath and shower, double vanity, air-conditioning, fan, safe, telephone, office area, walk-in wardrobe, private terrace, personal vanity table with make-up mirror, television, wireless internet access and a mosquito net.
Bedroom Two :+
- Size: 48m²
- Facilities: Two double beds, en suite bathroom with bath and shower, double vanity, air-conditioning, fan, safe, telephone, private terrace, television, wireless internet access and mosquito net.
- Size: 48m²
- Facilities: Double beds, bathroom with shower, double vanity, air-conditioning, fan, safe, telephone, private terrace, television, wireless internet access and mosquito net.
- Size: 74.5m²
- Facilities: A king-size bed, en suite bathroom with bath and shower, double vanity, air-conditioning, fan, safe, telephone, office area, walk-in wardrobe, private terrace, personal vanity table with make-up mirror, television, wireless internet access and mosquito net.
Bedroom Five :+
- Size: 41m²
- Facilities: Two double beds, bathroom with shower, double vanity, air-conditioning, fan, safe, telephone, private terrace, television, wireless internet access and mosquito net.
- Size: 72m²
- Facilities: A king-size bed, en suite bathroom with shower, double vanity, air-conditioning, fan, safe, telephone, private terrace, television, wireless internet access and a mosquito net.
A daily breakfast is included in the price, if taken in the restaurants only.
External facilities at the villa
There is a large infinity-edge pool located off the main terrace and a Jacuzzi that offers views of the Caribbean Sea and the beautiful barrier reef, as well as beach chairs, a dining area seating up to ten people, lounge furniture, a hammock and beach towels.
Villa staff details
A maid, turndown service and 24-hour property management are included.
The villa is two minutes to the closest beach, which has an excellent lunch and bar service, whilst a host of water-based activities - from sailing, snorkelling and windsurfing, to hyro-biking and pedal boating - are available on a complimentary basis.
At the resort's Pirates of Pink Sands Kids' Club (4 to 14-year-olds), there are two play areas equipped with age-appropriate toys and games, whilst a range of outdoor and indoor activities are organised by the trained staff – treasure hunts, nature walks, mask-making and even a Canouan junior version of the Olympic Games. In addition, there is a full-size swimming pool with waterslides, a library, gaming terrace and a culinary counter for cookery classes. Open from 8am to 6pm daily.
Canouan's challenging 18-hole, par 72 golf course, designed by Jim Fazio, offers unparalleled views of the bay. It stretches across sixty acres along the seafront; half of it is built on the flat coastal plain and the other half is carved out of the hillside above the bay and the resort. Golf instruction, carts and rental clubs are available.
Health & Fitness
Canouan Spa’s philosophy takes its inspiration from the ancient Sanskrit legend that promised eternal youth. Renewing and nurturing treatments are administered by a team of highly skilled international Therapists in Hillside Palapas, reached by funicular, or one of the two Grand Palapas positioned over-the-water, their glass-bottom floors offering intimate views of the fish below. A fully-equipped fitness centre offers a range of classes, from yoga to boxing.
Upgrade to Villa Platinum Services and enjoy full board, an alcoholic and non-alcoholic bar refilled daily and a daily fresh fruit selection, as well as a private chef service, butler service for eight hours a day, maid service and a daily turndown service – please ask your Travel Consultant for full details and current prices.
Weddings & Honeymoons
A 17th century church, brought to the island, stone by stone, from England at the end of the last century, is one venue option for your Canouan Island wedding. It has been lovingly restored and features beautiful murals and stained-glass windows by renowned Italian artist, Costanzo Rovati. Alternatively, weddings can be held on the white sandy beach, against the backdrop of the turquoise sea.
Guests may hold their wedding ceremony, subject to the usual legal requirements and a dedicated Wedding Coordinator will be on-hand to assist at all times.