- Type:Luxury Hotel
- Summary:Shabby-chic beach accommodation at its most luxurious
- Feature:Panoramic ocean views from the hotel’s island setting
- Rooms:5 beach cottages and 2 bungalows
- Location:Waiheke Island ,
New Zealand’s North Island ,
- Nearest airport:Auckland International Airport
Location and transfer
Located on Waiheke Island; 35 minutes by ferry or 5 minutes by helicopter from Auckland.
The Boatshed Waiheke Island:+
- Cuisine: International & regional cuisine
- Setting: Imagine fresh, organic produce, regional delicacies, fine International dishes and freshly baked bread and that's the restaurant at The Boatshed. Open all-day, the restaurant serves award-winning wines and outstanding cuisine – you can even request gourmet picnics to take to the beach.
- Dress Code: Smart-casual
- Children's Menu: No
- Vegetarian Menu: Yes
Health & Fitness
The Spa is a therapeutic hideaway gently touched by the sound of ocean waves and peaceful sea breezes. Treatments include hot stone facials, massage, body wraps and scrubs as well as hot oil head massage and pressure point remedies.
An absolute must while staying at The Boathouse is to hire the hotel’s Mini Moke – a light military-style vehicle which resembles an American Jeep and has been affectionately named ‘Togs’ – for the day (for a small charge). Togs may not be the most luxurious of vehicles, but it does boast an iPod compatible sound-system and enough charm to seduce even the most sceptical of guests. Take him out between 8am and midnight and enjoy everything the area has to offer – from vineyards, to peaceful bays and local art galleries, stopping for picnic lunches and dusky dinners en route.