- Type:Luxury Hotel
- Summary:An elegant, luxurious establishment in the heart of Dublin
- Feature:Home to Ireland's only Two Michelin Star restaurant
- Rooms:123 rooms & 20 suites
- Location:Dublin ,
- Star rating:5 Star
- Nearest airport:Dublin Airport
Location and transfer
Between twenty and forty minutes from Dublin Airport by private car transfer.
All guest rooms and suites feature air-conditioning, a mini-bar, television, CD/DVD player, telephone, internet wi-fi access, bathrobes and slippers, a hairdryer and a twice daily maid service.
Deluxe King Room:+
- Size: 40m2
- Room View: Views of The Merrion's gardens and government buildings
- Facilities: Located in the main house, each classically furnished Deluxe King Room features a king-size bed and a Carrara marble bathroom with a separate bath and walk-in shower.
- Size: 53m2
- Room View: The Merrion's gardens or government buildings
- Facilities: These delightful suites are located in the main building and each boasts a king-size bed, a spacious en suite marble bathroom with a separate bath and walk-in shower, fitted wardrobes and a separate lounge area with two armchairs, a sofa and coffee table. The elegant interiors are empathetic to the 18th century and feature luxurious Irish fabrics.
Garden Wing Suite:+
- Size: 82m2
- Room View: City views
- Facilities: These spacious two-bedroom suites can be found in the contemporary Garden Wing and each boasts a king-size bedroom and a twin bedroom (both bedrooms have an en suite marble bathroom with a separate bath and a walk-in shower). The suite has a comfortably furnished separate living room with a sofa, two armchairs and a dining table seating up to four guests. Perfect for families, the Garden Wing Suites accommodate up to two adults and four children.
Restaurant Patrick Guilbaud:+
- Cuisine: Modern, classic cuisine
- Setting: Dine on immaculately presented dishes whilst enjoying magnificent views of the delightful gardens at Ireland's only Two Michelin Star restaurant.
- Dress Code: Smart
- Children's Menu: No
- Vegetarian Menu: No
The Cellar Restaurant:+
- Cuisine: Modern, creative Irish-inspired dishes
- Setting: This award-winning restaurant features an elegantly vaulted dining room, complete with nooks and comfortable corners, along with classically dressed tables.
- Dress Code: Smart/casual
- Children's Menu: No
- Vegetarian Menu: Yes
Dublin is a city with bucketloads of character and friendly, engaging locals; Dublin people certainly make entertaining hosts, while the city itself is vibrant, fun and sociable. Considered a youthful city, due to its density of younger inhabitants, it is also flushed with history - Dublin Castle, built in 1204, is rich in Irish heritage, whereas 21st century architecture, such as Ian Ritchie's Monument of Light, has a contemporary vibe. Temple Bar is commonly known as the Cultural Quarter, brimming with street performers, music venues and cosy Irish pubs full to bursting. Here, you will also find good restaurants, many bars and pubs and traditional Irish folk music. The Guinness Storehouse remains a popular tourist attraction and details the company's history, recipes and advertising campaigns. There is also a bar with 360-degree views of Dublin and it is here you will receive your complimentary pint of Guinness, complete with a shamrock in its foam.
Health & Fitness
In addition to the eighteen metre indoor swimming pool and a gym equipped with all the latest machinery (with the added bonus of a personal training service), Tethra Spa offers a range of bodycare and beauty treatments using ESPA and Darphin products.
Weddings & Honeymoons
A bespoke wedding service is offered at The Merrion to ensure every couple’s dream day is simply perfect. The hotel is a licensed venue for weddings with ceremonies taking place in the Wellington Room on the first floor. Receptions for up to 90 guests can be arranged by the hotel including all catering.