- Type:Luxury Hotel
- Summary:Restorative retreat in the mountains of Big Sur
- Feature:Afternoon wine and cheese reception
- Rooms:60 rooms & suites
- Location:California ,
United States of America
- Nearest airport:San Francisco International Airport
Location and transfer
1 hour from Monterey Regional Airport and 2 hours, 35 minutes from San Francisco International Airport by private car transfer.
Each aesthetically pleasingly, streamlined guest room, suite, villa and cottage has been created out of weathered cedar. Stunning views are complemented by the spacious interiors, featuring wood-burning fireplaces, king-size beds and bright pops of colour. Modern amenities include flat-screen televisions with DVD players, telephones, hooded bathrobes, slippers, private-label bath accessories, hairdryers, binoculars, umbrellas, walking sticks, flashlights, safes, honour bars and tea and coffee-making facilities. There is a daily maid service.
- Size: 414ft²
- Room View: Forest or ocean views
- Facilities: This comfortable room, graced with thoughtful décor and design details, features a king-size bed, window seat, well-appointed bathroom and a private deck.
Ventana Fireplace Room:+
- Size: 414-471ft²
- Room View: Forest, meadow or Pacific Ocean views
- Facilities: Ventana Fireplace Rooms feature a king-size bed, wood-burning fireplace, window seat, well-appointed bathroom and a private deck.
Superior Fireplace Room:+
- Size: 480-485ft²
- Room View: Forest views
- Facilities: These spacious guest rooms feature a king-size bed, wood-burning fireplace, dining alcove, wet bar, window seat, well-appointed bathroom and a private deck.
Pacific House Room:+
- Size: 634ft²
- Room View: Distant Pacific Ocean views
- Facilities: The spacious, modern Pacific House Rooms boast the distant ocean as their centrepiece, visible through large picture windows and from their furnished terraces, complete with private hot tubs. Light and airy, with vaulted ceilings and skylights, the rooms also boast seating areas, modern four-poster king-size beds, wood-burning fireplaces and bathrooms with baths big enough for two, walk-in showers and twin sinks.
Big Sur Suite:+
- Size: 619ft²
- Room View: Ocean or forest canyon views
- Facilities: The spacious Big Sur Suites feature a king-size four-poster bed, a seating area in front of the wood-burning fireplace, a dining alcove and wet bar, a large bathroom with oversize bath that's large enough for two, a separate shower and a 300ft² deck outside.
Big Sur Spa Suite:+
- Size: 619ft²
- Room View: Pacific Ocean or forest canyon views
- Facilities: These suites feature a king-size four-poster bed, seating area in front of the wood-burning fireplace, a dining alcove and wet bar, a large bathroom with oversize bath big enough for two, double vanity sinks and a separate shower. Outside, a 300ft² deck comes with an oversize hammock and a private hot tub.
The Restaurant at Ventana:+
- Cuisine: Cuisine inspired by the best regional produce
- Setting: Popular amongst the residents of Big Sur, the restaurant’s redwood, copper and cedar elements pay homage to the natural setting, whilst the fixtures and fittings are firmly rooted in the 21st century. Dine on delicious central coast cuisine, accompanied by a choice of award-winning wines.
- Dress Code: Smart/casual
- Children's Menu: No
- Vegetarian Menu: Yes
Health & Fitness
Ventana's spa is a place to unwind and revitalise your mind and body. Nurturing treatments that embrace the essence of the south coast are delivered by expertly trained practitioners, either in the spa itself or from the privacy of your room.
Weddings & Honeymoons
Celebrate your special day against a picturesque backdrop of the rugged Big Sur coastline. Two stunning outdoor venues provide the perfect location for an intimate gathering or a grand celebration, with the outdoor Upper and Lower Terraces accommodating your wedding party for a cocktail reception and dancing beneath the stars. Banquet menus are available and expert staff will assist with all the arrangements.